Your accommodation will be provided in a comfortable Bed and Breakfast near Launceston on the Cornwall/Devon border. Launceston is an ideal place from which to explore the area as it is centrally located and close to the highway network. It is the ancient capital of Cornwall with a ruined castle, historic church and remains of the town wall and gateway. The town still has it's medieval street pattern with many old houses to be seen.
Our preferred choice of Bed and Breakfast establishments includes
1. Lower Goodmansleigh (www.goodmansleigh.co.uk). This is a lovely comfortable home converted from a farmhouse situated just outside Launceston with views across to the castle or to Dartmoor. Lisa and Nick are excellent hosts and will make you very welcome.
2. Lobhill Farmhouse (www.lobhilldevon.com) . This again is a converted farmhouse about 5 miles from Launceston overlooking a delightful valley. Jane Colwill is lovely and welcoming and a stay here is very enjoyable.
3. Newmoor Park (www.newmoorpark.co.uk) Situated alongside the River Tamar just outside Launceston, this is a peaceful retreat in parkland surroundings. Very comfortable and relaxing.
4. Coombe Trenchard (www.coombetrenchard.co.uk). A delightful Edwardian House in the Arts and Crafts manner. A real Country House Bed and Breakfast about 6 miles from Launceston. A very comfortable house full of history.
5. Pentillie Castle (www.pentillie.co.uk). Stay in a multi award winning boutique B&B in a Cornish Castle set in 55 acres of beautiful woodland gardens. Pentille offers boutique B&B "hotel quality" accommodation in 9 individual rooms.
Should you prefer to stay in an hotel rather than a Bed & Breakfast, this can also be arranged. There are a number of excellent hotels that we can recommend such as The Arundel Arms, Lifton Devon; Blagdon Manor,Ashwater Devon; Lewtrenchard Manor, Lewtrenchard, Devon.
As an alternative you may prefer to be in a self contained holiday cottage.
Our day tours can also start at your own holiday accommodation anywhere in Cornwall.
We would be pleased to discuss all the options with you.
top of page | next page